Originally Posted on Tumblr on Jul 31st, 2018
(Reupload notes: I was aiming for a formal tone for the progress reports, but reading all of these, it sounds like I'm in the midst of a recon mission.)
One day left.
Didn’t invest as much time today on the project as I did yesterday. The table design, though tricky, was manageable. Shading work was somewhat tedious, particularly around the fingers. I have started on the background and plan on crafting it as a water color/digital paint hybrid similar with the last project–a lot easier than it sounds if you actually know from the get-go what you want. Despite the somewhat intimidating appearance of the project assets having yet to be consolidated, the remaining tasks and tweaks are straightforward and simplistic. The only things really left to do are to finish the background (~1 hour), finish August’s and Elly’s shading (~1-2 hours), add minute lighting/shading details (~30 minutes-1.5 hour), and sweep the pic for anything that may need tweaks (~30 minutes).
Schedule Adherence: Ahead
Tweaks Needed: Minor
Idea of Direction: Certain
Overall Outlook: Very Good